Friday, August 21, 2009

A Heart So Lost, Save Him

Jesus, Lord, come take me in,
Leave me not to me,
From you too long, apart I've been,
Mine eyes, make see, but thee

Anger walls, and judgments blind,
Hearts that stray from you,
Take all this hate, and make it kind,
Slay lies, my Lord, so true

Worldly cares, work to distract,
Shining is your face,
Help us to see, and then to act,
Once lost, now found in grace

Walking, gaining, in the word,
Striving not to fall,
Praying, seeking, who've yet heard,
The One, true God, of all

Scripture saves, truth from His lips,
Grant your ears, Him hear,
Your world possessed, He does eclipse,
His light, His love, is near

Someday soon, pray we return,
To where, our hearts belong,
Endless embrace, no way to earn,
By grace we join the throng


It's not known, when He will reap,
Then rapture from this life,
Loved seeds once sown / now cherished sheep,
Brought home, and safe, from strife

I love you, my Jesus
amen

No comments: